Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Travel interlude: Boston!

First, the News: If it hasn't made it through the grapevine yet... last week I was offered a spot at Harvard Medical School. I spent days thinking and making lists and agonizing. And today I officially accepted that spot!

The decision was made easier by my serendipitously-timed visit to Boston, which I booked months ago and was so glad to have fall at exactly this moment. I felt so at home coming back, and obviously I stayed with my fantastic roommates (although not in my old room-- that is now occupied by the lovely Sarah, who will be staying on for the next year). I spent my five days hanging out with many of my favorite people, doing fun outdoor activities and eating. Lots. 

I made my first cheesecake (Happy Shavuot!)

Appreciating the distinctly American variety of diversity on the T:

On Saturday morning, bright and early, I met Frank for a delicious breakfast in Union. Sadly I failed to take any pictures. But my next activity of the day was kayaking with Julie from the boat house on the Esplanade. The weather was gorgeous and I was early, so luckily there was no way to forget to take pictures there.


Hooray for boats!

No cars on the Longfellow bridge during construction! Perfect for biking.

Food truck festival at Assembly Row. Yes, that is precisely as wonderful as it sounds!

I went to samba at my studio in Central, where I also stumbled upon a street festival. What a weekend for Boston!


Paid a visit to Brookhaven to see Gram. Not pictured: Abby and Christi, who joined us for dinner. Delightful. 

Other failed photo ops from my Boston visit: dinner with Rachel, chilling with Sarah and Jim, catching up with Julie G at Longwood Galleria, roommates. 

Here's pretty Abby at least (four servings of fruit down)
JUSTKIDDING it was only three. Yeesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment